View Single Post
Old 01-25-23, 11:57 PM   #40
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Secondly WHO of us has a degree in climatology ?
Would a degree in chemistry be a sufficient alternative in your opinion?

----

Watching scientific illiterates explaining "science" was funny for a short while a long time ago, but nowadays it's way too common, and way too many people are serious about the stupid things they claim to be science, about htings they believe in but haven't even understood on the most basic level (some postings in this thread fit perfectly into this scheme).

Whenever you believe the lowest level of stupidity has been reached some idiot pulls out an excavator just to dig an even deeper hole, more often enough accompanied by "It's a conspiracy" - "The government *blah blah blah*" - "The bible says..." - "Do your own research" - "There's a study/article here that says..."

I've experienced exactly this sort of bs for my entire work life, and the internet has made it far worse. The "do your own reserach" crowd has yet to produce a single individual who understands even the most basic scitentific principle and apply it correctly. Dunning-Kruger all around, and it's not just the flat earthers.

I even had the case of one of this "do your own research"-idiots telling me I wasn't able to understand a certain topic, and he linked three scientific papers with the aforementioned "do your own research" in tow - yes, you fool, I did, two of the papers were my own, for the third I was co-author.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote