View Single Post
Old 03-24-23, 04:50 PM   #1365
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilus11 View Post
So I'm playing a campaign in mid-1942 with this mod, and after multiple torpedo misses even when I think I have almost perfect data (I do play on full realism with no map contacts, so it's never perfect but I've gotten really close by comparing the TDC's position keeper with visual observations), I made a test single mission in 1942 to see if it's me or the torpedoes. And sure enough, at least half of the torpedoes I fire immediately drop to 60 or so feet. I appreciate the mod being brutally realistic, but is there any way to cope with the depth problem besides playing at a later date or just sucking it up and being prepared to constantly miss? I've learned to mitigate the defective exploder problem somewhat by firing at acute angles, but it seems like most of my torpedoes will also run deep, even when they're set at the very minimum depth.

Great mod btw, I especially love how dark the nights are. Every other subsim I've played is far too bright during nighttime, even during a new moon/overcast conditions when it should be pitch black.
there is a "gameplay" option to negate the "dud" torpedoes but i do not think that the option negates the bad gyros, or the running deep, or the circle runners.

to cure all of the issues, you would need a small mod made for TMO_BH that specifically modifies all of the torpedo defects.

it has been done.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote