Thread: [TEC] Help with medals
View Single Post
Old 01-24-23, 09:50 PM   #21
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Swiss,

I found it. It took a while, but it was in a forum here at the site.

The file indeed is "CaptainRoom_Badges.dds" to change what's in the box.

Unfortunately, they are actually 3D badges that are textured by the above mentioned texture. That means that if you change the box medal's texture to an Italian one in the "CaptainRoom_Badges.dds", the Italian texture will be mapped to a 3D model of the German star in the box.

That explains why they were removed altogether from the office of the FotRSU version I'm using, it seems. At least I'm not seeing anything in there, anyway. I do see the medal in the award when I click on the box, however, just like you see the medal in the certificate in your setup.

If you know how to make a 3D model of one (GMAX, 3DStudio, Wings, Blender, etc.) and can get it into the sim somehow, then you could make the 3D model, texture it with the medal texture, then swap out the German badge for the Italian badge.

Unfortunately seems like a lot to do. That, and it's one thing to figure out what needs to be done and quite another to actually pull it off. I know S3D is used for part of the process, but not sure how or where or if you even use a particular model extension.

I feel like I know the alternator has to be changed in my car, but don't really have any clue how to actually do it.

Hope this helped!

Now back to coding BuPers messages for the radio traffic!

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote