View Single Post
Old 12-16-22, 02:34 PM   #4
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I have War in the West as well. I intended to pick up WitE 2, and will at some point. I wish I had so I could answer the OP with some certainty. But it's also true that these three games, along with War in the Pacific all share fundamental core mechanics that mirror one another to a certain degree so theoretically a number of things hold true from title to title.

Not sure what is included in WitE 2, but in the first game I practiced the Road to Smolensk and Road to Minsk companion scenarios first. Once I was able to achieve victory in those I jumped to the grand campaign.

Don't neglect these (assuming 2 has them) as they allow you to practice different operational plans. When i finally did kick off the GC I felt I had a really good plan for AGC's opening turns since I had practiced and honed my ideas several times over.

I purposely avoided the Road to Kiev and Leningrad scenarios so that when I played the CG I wasn't too practiced and honed, you know? But playing these smaller scenarios is a good way to prep for the big show. I think I put the wrong link to the AAR in the second post and that's been updated.

Last edited by Threadfin; 12-16-22 at 03:46 PM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote