View Single Post
Old 09-20-09, 05:07 PM   #63
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Wow. I am very impresed and happy to see this work underway. I have studied, and gamed WWI era for over 35 years, and had family in the Imperial High Seas Fleet, and some family papers remain. Also i have been working to help continue the Iron Seas Project for DC and we have a number of ships made, tho none to the detail that is possible in SHIV. This is a noble effort and i highly support it. I can help with history and data on ships if useful. My grandfather's first command was a four piper American DD, and he knew some of the submarine history from back then, even saw some captured prize german U Boats and I had photos, but not sure if i can lay hands on them now. I just wanted to thank all working on this and will keep an eye on developments and am cheering you on. I also have 3D Max and can help with conversions if the process is worked out.

Salute

PS and yes my earlier posts about the tragic loss of the Lusitania ...she was indeed sunk without warning which should have been given under prize rules. Many U boat skippers were very honourable about that...and some were not sadly. I am glad we can choose in the sim which to be.
Thank you to you and everyone else for your offers, photos, interest, and support!

And yes, I agree it's important to allow the player to decide what kind of Commander he will roleplay as. In the next few days I am going to have some very important tests involving the British merchant and my method of introducing prize warfare & contraband searching. You can shoot at anything that moves, but don't be surprised when you get a massive negative renown hit back at base! This mod is, ideally, a game for the thinking player.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote