View Single Post
Old 07-10-20, 01:12 PM   #1503
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215
Uploads: 0

Hi all:

I noted some FPS issues when you have a lot of traffic and antiaircraft fire and smoke in the sky from the exploding ammunition. My example is Battle of Midway single mission. My PC can manage a very stable FOTRSU with the Vickers Officer Quarters, fixed on 60 FPS via Nvidia Inspector, and mantains this number in all dense ports and situations (convoys, ship fires, cannons...). But, when there is a lot of those AA smokes in the sky, my FPS drop to 10-12 FPS, and some times I have CTDs. This occurs when I see the battle in external camera or with my scopes.

It seems the smoke in the sky with dense ship traffic using his AA guns causes this annoying drop in FPS and CTDs.

Of course, I use LAA.

Then, I think an optional addon mod with less sky smoke from antiaircraft fire could be a good addition for a next update.

I tested mainly in Midway mission, because the many ships and the dense AA fire. There is a huge lot of smoke in the air.

BTW, I´m enjoying FOTRSU in my actual Freemantle campaign.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote