Old 11-27-19, 08:30 PM   #163
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Maybe minor but.......

Patrolling Area A2 for required days. Receive radio message at approx. 4pm, February 11, 1942 from Comsubpac: "Proceed to Area A6 in the China Sea....."

The Nav map (with circle & marker) shows B6 as the patrol area. Maybe a typo?

But, Mission Objectives states patrol area E6. Does not appear to be an E6 on the Nav map.

Is this too small of an error to report?
No errors are too small to report. I'll look into that one, though that sounds like it's an old TMO 1.7 typo... We'll get that one stomped on and fixed, or at least ding it with the big hammer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I did read the refit.pdf and your comments. However, reality does not jibe with what I read...
... After 6 patrols, and being offered a new boat twice, I still have not seen a conning tower refit. What does one have to do?...
... I'm going to keep going in this mode, keeping the GATO, until they retire me or give me a refit. But in any case, it does not seem to fit the formula you and the Refit.pdf describe. With respect,
Read that again though - you get one question, and it is not an either / or kind of thing. If you qualify, which you did at least twice, and had several missions in between the offers, but there is a hierarchy of equipment. You reached the threshold, so now it comes down to "Is there a new submarine available? Yes? Then offer the submarine. If No, then offer the conning tower. That is the only way to get a new conning tower, is if there is NOT a new submarine available.

So you are in the Gato, and refuse the Balao when offered, you are not then offered a new conning tower. The same thing happens the next time. You still have a new boat available - in the Balao - and refuse it again - you still are not offered the conning tower. This is what Ducimus was getting at back in 2010. It's not right for our way of thinking. If you qualify, you should be asked an either / or question such as "Do you want a new submarine, or a new conning tower?" so that you have a choice. So the only ways to get a new conning tower, is either with the new boat, or by not having a new boat available at the time you qualify, and then the game defaults to the conning tower...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote