View Single Post
Old 12-03-21, 08:54 AM   #7
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartooth91 View Post
Experienced player here, but my first time using the Dick O'Kane targeting method. I fired three torpedo's and missed!

Target was a freighter, course 280, speed 8.5 knots. My course was 10....stern tubes facing. I chose a lead angle of 15....AOB was set to starboard 75. I pulled the stadimeter triangle all the way down. Firing bearing was 165. Anyway I shot at 900 yards...all three...bow/middle/stern and missed. It was night with rough seas and I didn't see whether I missed ahead or astern.

I figure one of two issues....firing bearing should've been 175 not 165 (?) or AOB should be set to 180 - lead angle when shooting stern tubes (?). I've never seen that in any instruction, so, maybe I'm overanalyzing.

What did I do wrong?
That method applies to one variable at 90AOb and I am using the solution solver by Cory Heart making a chart of firing angles .. you have to double click your intital settings , and verify the torpedo track on the attack chart . No misses will occur if you set the position of the firing solution on your scope .. SH4 is fairly easy compared to SH5 TWos but i love the fine adjustments in In Sh5

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote