View Single Post
Old 02-19-17, 03:29 PM   #28
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
1200 dollars in physical gold (currently around 1 ounce), is not the same like a stash of 1200 1-dollar notes. Either you eat a real pie, then you can enjoy it, or you just imagine to eat a pie whose taste and sweetness and dough only exists in your imagination . But don't tell both were the same, the real thing and the imagined thing. I prefer the real pie every time, and if you think your fanatsy eases your appetite, then trade me your material pie so that that burden is off your shoulders, and I eat the rela thing then and tell you how sweet it tastes - then we both have what we wanted to get: me the pie, and you your imagine. - Lefties and capitalism-haters dont like that, I know. Still, market laws are behaving like natural laws a bit - they never bow to ideology or wishful thinking. If you violate them, you cannot avoid forever the consequences of doing so - they find you sooner or later. Nothing ever gets forgotten, not a single taler gets lost. The debts will be paid for down to the last Taler - and often the currency then is pain and suffering and national disaster.
Sorry, how does me pointing out that your own arguments demonstrate that the value of gold is a social construct constitute a 'fantasy'?

As for the rest, I think we are all familiar with your chicken little obsessions and your belief that failure to follow the ludicrous tenets of the von Mises cult will lead to the imminent collapse of civilisation. As a demonstration of faith, perhaps such obsessiveness deserves applause, but as evidence of critical thinking from someone who appears to have a little historical knowledge, it is risible. And no, there is nothing remotely 'natural' about the market. People create it. People break it. And the natural world doesn't give two hoots either way.