View Single Post
Old 05-29-14, 11:24 AM   #105
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi tirta

You may get away with 4gb for vanilla, but is generally accepted that SH5 unlike SH4 and SH3 needs 8gb to handle the higher resources and graphics.

Sobers mods are generally seen as high resource mods.

He has though produced this mod Sobers Reduced File Sizes SH5 V2 that may well be beneficial when you using a large number of his mods.

This Sobers mod would be added at the end of your mod list.

You also have DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod this also comes with DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch which you would place at the end of any additional Dyn Env mods.

DynEnv v2.9 has around 28 mods in it many are low resolution ones.

Mods that deal with’ Depth Of Field’ (DOF), shadows, and change interiors are also likely to be high on resources.

This mod comes as a high resolution but also has this (LR) low resolution buddy Shadow Improvement ModLR.

I would suggest that you only add mods that you really need.

The ‘Vanilla game is quite boring and underwhelming.

Until you have added two of the three mods below you do not know what you have been missing.

The mods in my Post #74 should always take priority over any additional choices with the exception of OHII and interfaces TDW,s New UI or CSP Magui.

(Your quote) And I notice there is newer version of TDW UI: ver 7.5.0 Is this worth upgrading from 7.4.2?

In your case no. 7-5-0 has not been official released and is currently on version 17.

It has a lot of advanced settings that you will not use. 7-4-2 is well established I use it and it is reliable.

So it sounds like you are thinking of dipping your toes in the water and looking for a few mods.

Make this your number 1 and put at number 1 in your mod list NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162677

Make sure you lower the Graphic setting in ‘Game Play Options.’

Selecting mods from Sober – Fifi or Sjizzle you know that they have been tried and tested and will work, and also, be in the correct order.

So to sum up if you do not need it then do not use it.

If I can be of any further help just post or PM me.

Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote