View Single Post
Old 07-22-22, 02:26 AM   #4917
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ee-yup... in the ReadMe - if I didn't screw that up...

The TMO NavMapDots are the "pencil" dots on the NavMap, of course. The 452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks and 453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks have the zoomed-in "boxes", no color for the ships and planes respectively. No hint as to what nationality. If you use those mods, they will cover the Moonlight Sonar lines if already applied, so put it in last if you want the colored lines hints of Warship blue lines, Merchant black line and radar detected dark green lines...

Copy that on needing more tests, and doing it while another sub is running your down is not the best test environment... lol - as for the Range Dial, 1300 yards on that is like an "Infinity" setting. All TMO did was to increase the number, but the actual "resolution" of the dial is still there. If you haven't tried them, do one of the 454 mods and see if you like being able to do that, with the left and right segments being able to adjust each other...

Thank you for that. As for the Marshalls, when you first get there, if you go to the correct location (don't want to give it away), you will encounter the "expansion force", where the Japanese were doing landings into the Marshalls and Gilberts. There should be the occasional 4 engine long-range patrol / float plane, and then in the groupings themselves, there will be sea plane tenders, and you should encounter those when you are close enough. I don't think we put anymore AirBases in there, and I think we took a couple out earlier, because that was all that you saw, was airplanes, kind of like being around Buna and the Shortlands. Up there, OK, that is understood, with it being a Japanese stronghold area and close enough to Rabaul, but not in the eastern Marshalls and northern Gilberts... "shoestring budget" at work... Even when there is merchant traffic in the area, it is only a few ships every other day, a small convoy maybe once a week, and it stops at various atolls... it is really hard to catch anything other than the lonesome DE patrols... That is why, on the early assignments down there, you usually get 3 or more Objectives with the mission, and each worth 300 points usually, just so the player basically get at least a decent patrol score for being sent to a dead, boring locale for their first mission... kind of like the S18 out of Manila that gets the Tablas Strait, or the Sibuyan Sea and only sees the occasional scout plane, but then gets the Lingayen Gulf assignment... lol - Oh Boy! Lots of renown there!

lol well guess I missed it, I followed the objectives patrolling around different atolls, attempted to attack destroyers I found worth my torpedoes.

Lingering battery damage from depth charge really hampered my efforts for remainder of patrol, had to be careful.

No merchant shipping nor aircraft were encountered. After last assignment was completed I patrolled approaches to Kwajalein. With assignments completed, I returned to Pearl due to damage batteries limiting my capability.

Next patrol in Area 4 off Tokyo, in Feb 1942, so I expect will see some action.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote