View Single Post
Old 07-11-11, 11:19 AM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Right you are, had you confused with someone else. Still spot a bit of a contradiction though: immersion and atmosphere are transfered through sound and visuals. I'd argue that the step up in graphics from FS9 to FSX would improve it, same would apply in a FSX > MS Flight comparison, even if it costs a little performance.
A little...??

A modern system bought today - I would say mine is pretty decent and very good bang for the buck - will allow poyu run FS9 with maxed traffic and details and the most complex airliner modules there are, in pretty much every kind of scenery addon there is - without ever needing to worry about frames. I have mine locked at 35. If I would unlock them, they would go pretty much through the ceiling. The same system would wpork hard to run FSX at decent settings, maybe even good settings - but would imemdioately feel the frame drop to below 20 when runing a comparable ammount of addons.

It just does not compare, really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Berbunch
FSX, and FS9 before it (and 02, and 98 before that!), immediately appealed to my aviation side, but then they are a very sterile environment and so my interest waned.
It depends on the traffic you use. Using a separate traffic software allows oyu to have many dozens if not 1-2 hundred aircraft ooerating in the vicinity around you. Where you before visited a mega-Hub and saw all gates empty, you now have dozens and dozens of the gates, if not all, used by AI aircraft that could start taxi any moment, plus a dozen planes on approach, and another dozen planes waiitng in the line behind you when you request take-off. I have had situations are Frankfort, Heathrow and de Gaulle where the mere job of taxiing now turned out to be an experience of its own! Using Flight1's "Traffic 2005" here, at 70%. The airports are crowded and extremely busy, almost all gates in use. Plus the scenery groud traffic of the addon airports. The wporld is crowded as well, since I told my triple-midair collision some days ago, I have not had a single flight without other collision warning incidents having haunted me. TCAS all of a sudden has become a vital meaning!