View Single Post
Old 07-24-17, 07:14 AM   #8301
kstanb
Sparky

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

First of all, thanks for the magnificent mod! at last I can play SHV, which was shelved for years

Question on torpedo duds: I am playing at the highest realism, I am in my second patrol... I haven't yet seen any torpedo dud issue... is this modeled in the game?
I am of course avoiding magnetic detonators, shooting at shallow settings to avoid deep runs and aiming good angles, all of these mitigate the dud issue (and was not known in 1939). Still I am seeing quite a success rate compared to SHIII or SHIV

Question #2:
In measuring speed, is there a method that doesn't require the submarine to be at "all stop"... Or are there ways to mitigate the error if I am also at speed?
So far most of my shots have been to ships running away, so stopping to get an accurate measure was not too convenient.
Instead I have tried to figure out the speed by checking the "wave" of the ships, a big wave would be around 2/3 of their max speed, no wave or little wave around 1/2.. with 2 shots (one slightly less, one slightly more) I can almost always hit, assuming of course good AoB, and short range

Last edited by kstanb; 07-24-17 at 07:25 AM.
kstanb is offline   Reply With Quote