BellJack95
Bosun

Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellJack95
I would like to humbly ask that, if possible, the mod not require having the U-boat expansion (v1.5). I am one user of SH4 that has not purchased the expansion and I have a good time sailing around in the PTO in my trusty US sub so have not found a need to buy it. I just wanted to express my individual opinion (and I am probably in the minority) before your project gets off the ground. Regardless of your decision, I still wish your team the best. Cheers!
This decision is obviously up to Privateer and the team however, my understanding is that GWX will only be modding SH4 from the point of view of a U-Boat and thus only adding content relating to this theater. As others have discovered there are certain aspects of the game which will cease to work correctly in either theater when fundamental changes are made in the other.

Legally, if GWX wants to mod the ATO into SH4 it can not include basic code/material in any released package without the end user already owning the UBM expansion. So I suspect the UBM will be a requirement.

Besides, many others have the PTO covered and then there's always mutiple installs to help anyone wishing to play both.
danlisa - thank you for the explanation. Oh well, I was hoping for a GWX mod from the perspective of the US Subs since the team did an excellent job in SH3, but I understand.

Good luck GWX on your mod. I will have to content myself with enjoying GWX on the SH3 platform since I do not have any plans currently on buying the 1.5 expansion (UBM).

Time to shove off as I look forward to seeing what sealed orders await me on the next mission for my current command - the USS Sailfish (SS-192) - or as some of the crew call her....the USS "Squailfish" so Good Hunting!

*edited to correct typos
BellJack95 is offline   Reply With Quote