View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 04:46 PM   #26
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

The seal should be an easy fix on the light. Go the the auto parts store and get sheet of gasket material. Very cheap and cut to fit! The things you mention seem small but once running with lights, she looks alive and this attracts visitors. Especially kids who just happen to bring along their parents!

We have an air conditioning unit under the superstructure that cools the Torsk during the summer....yeah I know, living large......anyway, you can hear it through out the boat. She sounds like she is running and ready to go when the AC is turned on. People really think she is can go at any moment. Radar spinning, AC making engine like noises. We have a few different colored lights lit up on panels in each room. Seems like small stuff to us but vistors eat it up.

The funniest thing a visitor every said to me was, "Where are the nuclear reactors?" He was serious. Phooey, I showed him the diesel/electric set up. Then I asked him to leave the boat....he scared me. So, the panel in manuevering is very active and powered up. The switches do function. So, if you get something working such as a main power panel, you will need to fashion a plexi glass enclosure. People can see the panel but can not start switching buttons.....and they all love doing that. Our enclosure is hinged so we can open it to tune things off and on.