View Single Post
Old 11-17-21, 12:13 AM   #67
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
...most of the battles in M1TP2 are scripted from the rather very simple and totally readable in English text file describing all of the global conditions, spawning information, formations and tasks, and goals for the scenario. I see those files in the Battles subfolder and can read and play and modify them easily.

That's very interesting. If I'm following you, start one of the battles, immediately save, then go into the Battles subfolder and you can modify it and change the name, conditions, tasks, etc...wow!"

I've been playing the game and trying to figure out which tactics work best. It's a trial and error process. Here's what I've found out so far:

If you've got another platoon of M1A2s, don't separate - keep them next to you on a parallel course so you can engage the enemy in force. That's worked a few times. We've wiped out some enemy tank companies with direct fire with just me and my other platoon.

If you've got another platoon of M2A3s, either keep them with you, but lagging way behind, or send them to some high ground far away. Maybe they can engage long range with the TOWs and not get themselves killed.

If you've got a platoon of M113s, send them for the hills far away so they don't get killed. You can bring them up if you're platoon lost its' mobility.

What gets you killed:

1. Having fun blowing away all those BMPs and enemy tanks and not realizing you're outnumbered. They get a lucky shot and you're platoon is destroyed within 10 seconds.

Oh - back to hardware and software....I can't find a Fraps version that works on Windows 98. It says in the readme of 1.9 that it needs XP to work. I've gotten it to work in XP for the frame counter but can't get any movies. Still working on it. I need a more current version.
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote