View Single Post
Old 01-31-14, 03:08 AM   #123
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Thanks to vdr1981 for this mod. No ctds for me so far.

No matter how exiting SH5 was before, or how user friendly people thought the game was without real nav.....SH5 was a real disappointment because of the ctds. Remember how it was, you've achieved your objectives, you are still celebrating the raid on Skapa Flow or the sinking of the Queen Mary, you have had the time of your life escaping the depth charges and boooooom......... the game crashes to desktop and your game is not saved. And then all the detective work: 'does this mod conflict with the other 85?' 'Remove them one by one and test' 'And test again and another ctd'.

So thanks again vdr1981 for a stable megamod. Mission accomplished.

But remember also, that all the great megamods in SH3 and SH4 had other compatible mods added later by other modders. People are going to mix and match anyway, no matter how big or good the megamod is.

I think it is a great idea that instructions are given about how to remove the blurred water effect for example. A patch is not always necessary if people know how to do it themselves on their own responsibility. It also gives the modders time to get on with other things.

Real nav: I never tried it until now. It's not as hard as people might think. Of course it takes time and some people may prefer to 'teleport' to the hunting grounds and see some action as fast as possible. Fair enough. But if you want to play this game as a simulation game, then real nav is the one to chose.

Just as a matter of curiosity, vdr1981, why have you chosen the original SH5 characters with the eye patch and glasses? Stability?

Anyhow, I had sort of put SH5 on the shelf because of the ctd problems. But thanks to the work of the modding community, it is back in use again.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote