Old 08-24-21, 08:37 AM   #163
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

21 March 1941
Oahu turns away a shock attack

Hawaii
4 BB bombarding again. He attempted a shock attack but we held on, casualties 5300 to 650 favoring us. Our numbers looked even this turn, 40k on each side. That can't be right, is he holding troops in reserve?

Java
He bombarded Batavia again, but it cost him this time. A destroyer hit a mine and the heavy cruiser Atago hit two. A battleship and two heavy cruisers proceeded, causing major facility damage and disabling at least 60 planes. I really need to look into other places for these planes for awhile.

Back at his main force's beachhead, a destroyer hit another mine.

With Batavia airbase essentially disabled, the strikes on Bandoeng were all his. We did manage to get 5 fighters up on CAP, losing 1 P-40 and shooting down 2 Lillies. Their strike was ineffective.

On the eastern side, our bombers continued to hit their ground forces but met stiff resistance by Zeroes. We took heavy losses, 1 P-40, 2 L212 bombers, and 5 139WH-3 bombers. We only got 1 Zero (by a B-17s defensive guns) and failed to do significant damage on the ground.

New Hebrides
His marines tried to counterattack my underwhelming force ashore at Luganville, but failed to push them off the beach. They had the numbers to do it, these troops must be really worn down.