View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 06:52 AM   #5893
pikke
Sparky

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Great going! Which Mod and Realism Setting do you use?

Only mod I have right now is GWX 3.0 Gold.
Realism is 55%
Limited batteries, Compressed air, O2, fuel, vulnerability and repair time: on
Realistic ship sinking time: off
manual targeting: on
realistic sensors and Duds: on
all the remaining: off

I have problems with 2000 tonners (passenger/cargo, tramp stramer, small merchant, etc)

My usual strategy is to aim for the funnel or mid-ship (fuel bunkers and engine room area) with magnetics set for about a metre under the keel.
Once hit they gradually slow down and get lower and lower on the sea, eventually stopping dead, decks flooded....and often they just stay there, floating for hours ( I usually wait up to four/five hours, waiting longer than that, especially if there are huge waves often leads to the ship sinking but not being awarded to me)

I noticed that if I get them astern, that somewhat raises the chances of them going down and so I'm trying to get better at aiming.

I've also tried to switch off the manual targeting (lowering the realism to 45% if memory serves me right) and aiming at weak spots through the recognition manual but that does not seem to affect the outcome.

Next up I thought I'd try setting the torpedoes for impact instead of magnetic, is it worth trying that for small vessels?

Or am I not waiting enough time?

Thanks!
pikke is offline   Reply With Quote