View Single Post
Old 08-19-20, 07:40 AM   #1651
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
This is a new install just for the revised v1.2. Deleted game from my G: drive; deleted v1.1; deleted SH4 folder; copied pristine version of SH4 v1.5 to my game drive G:; applied new v1.2 and selected extra mods; turned off read only; applied LAA; reset game options, and started a new Fleet Boat Campaign with USS Tambor , Dec. 9, 1941 out of Midway to Area 7 for 10 days:

Before leaving port, I thought I'd move the deck gun from Bow to Stern (I like to be going away from possibly armed ships I've already torpedoed). It was only after going out to sea and reaching the Patrol area that I found I have no crew slots for a rear mounted deck gun! It let me swap the gun from bow to stern alright, but then failed to create the deck gun crew slots.

I have since deleted the game progress, gone back to the office, and allowed the Bow deck gun to remain as originally assigned. Can't go to sea without it, especially early in the war. I will restart the patrol with Bow gun in place.
OK torpedobait, I have tried to break the Tambor at Midway, December 9, 1941 also, and have failed... here's my list:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\Games\FotRSUv12\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.2_EN
399c_NoScrollNavMap - Same Sized Dials
454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT
650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
GE37MMsoclu
I do not have a camera mod in my mix, due to issues on this desktop with it (for whatever reason - which we'll try to dig into later). Here is a series of boring screen grabs:

In the Captain's Office in-base, prior to departure

Crew page in the Captain's Office in-base, prior to departure

Swapped the guns...

Double-check of crewing page...

Leaving for patrol, gun crew positions empty...

Crewing the gun, still sitting in the Midway area...

Pre-save Battle Stations called, still sitting in the Midway area... note the machine gun manned, deck gun is not

Post-save Battle Stations called, still sitting in the Midway area... note the machine gun and deck gun are now manned

"OK for departure, sir!"

Now, I have tried three times now, and the result is the same all three times... Can you try a new career with a new skipper's name (be sure you use a new skipper's name!) for a test please? If anyone else has started from Midway, can you let us know, please?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote