View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 07:43 AM   #3463
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
it appears that 1024 Characters is the breaking point.
i thought it might be the number of words but it is the number of characters.
keep the Mission Briefing under 1024 and you are good to go...
Thanks for the list! From my memory (lots of sector errors), it also includes the number of CR lines. I have a notation somewhere about how many characters per line, and how many lines. It works such that if you put a 2nd paragraph for separation, you lose the rest of the line after the CR, then all of the blank line worth of characters. What I have done with others that I have already found as too verbose, is to split the instructions into the briefing set, and then an enroute set with a message sent to the player. Some of the SpecOps get rather involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Hi propbeanie!
I searched for other IJN AI Subs and found with my Obscope 3 IJN Subs moored in the port of Tateyama, in the Gulf of Sagami Wan:
- Jyunsen Type 1 Submarine
- Jyunsen Type B Submatine
- Kaidai Type IV Submarine
In this port I made a save, then I exited Sh4, I reloaded this save: GAUGES OK
It wasn't enough for me, I took my submarine off to about 40km, I save, I leave SH4, I load the save: Gauges OK
Finally, at 300km SW of Sagami Wan, another save, exit from SH4, loaded the save: GAUGES OK
I really think the gauges problem is solved!
If you tell me other areas where IJN Subs can be found, I can do more research.
Thank you for checking that! I had completely forgotten about having subs parked at Tateyama. We did use that as a testing site previously, so why that slipped my mind is... oldmanitis!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote