View Single Post
Old 08-25-08, 11:55 AM   #26
geetrue
Cold War Boomer

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Thank you StdDev for the confindence building witness of we were there ... but that was 2002, right?

About five of us and Neal I do believe ... I had to pull over in Orange County on my way back to San Diego and climb in back to take a rest I was so tired, but it was a lot of fun to finally meet people in person that had previously just been user names.

But I got here to the old Sub Club in 1999 ... surely Neal has a member list from the old days somewhere ... did the WPL have numbers of when we signed up?

Here's the first post from a simple online search that I can find:

Quote:
geetrue2
Ancient Submariner
(11/8/01 10:43:22 pm)
Reply more mystery
Quote:
I want to explore harbors on my own and run into trouable. I've explored two harbors so far after blowing or completing the other missions. Cape Town in South Africa and Norfolk in the USA.

I just wandered around the harbor in Cape Town and blew up the city and warfs, but in Norfolk a patrol plane kept coming in for me.

I want to see ships and activity in the ports and get credit for sinking a tug or a barge or whatever comes along. Did they have sub nets in WWII? Put them in the game. We should be able to shoot up a shipyard for example and then try to make a safe get away.

I understand if you just want it to be like historical, but I want to change history for $39.95.
I found my old sig too:

"Lucky are those that can escape the dreariness
of everyday life." "How many reach the end
without ever having lived?"
Vito Dumas

Last edited by geetrue; 08-25-08 at 12:17 PM.
geetrue is offline   Reply With Quote