View Single Post
Old 07-15-14, 02:17 PM   #50
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

And now for the Air Museum:

The impressive Handley Page Victor, converted from a bomber to a tanker

The Banana or as Jim would call it, the Brick (to me though, Bricks are F4s)

The French Dassault Mirage III, a nice looking aircraft this one, first time I'd seen it.

Another first, the Eastchurch Kitten, cute little thing, probably piloted by midgets...

The infamous Hurri, in the same sort of condition that the Lolwaffles (or Royal Air Farce) would return to base in.

Another Banana, freshly cleaned and in good condition compared to its stable-mates

A model of the Anti-radiation missile 'Martel', I'd heard the name mentioned a few times (in Wargame: Airland battle and Red Dragon) but never seen one before

The Halifax bomber 'Friday the 13th' with two strange looking gentlemen nearby...

The pride and joy of the Lolwaffles, the Bf-109 G6!!

A Mosquito, undergoing repair and restoration, and looking very good for it.

This was originally mis-ID'd as a Challenger Mk I, but on inspecting the model on my desk and a quick google search, I've discovered that this is, in fact, the ubiquitous Chieftain...in fact, the very first Chieftain, the prototype. Either which way, a very nice battle tank.

The front desk of the recon Canberra cockpit.

Nice little bit of history this. The catapult used by Barnes Wallis to test the models of his bouncing bomb at Teddington, and actually used in the famous film 'The Dam Busters'

And finally a bit of older history, a statue to Roman Emperor Constantine who was proclaimed Emperor in York in 306AD.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote