View Single Post
Old 12-27-09, 02:58 AM   #68
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

One more day, you say? I say extend the fundraiser until the end of the year.

Well, at least maybe a couple of more days as I was planning to donate in concert with my 2000th post.

See, here's the thing about Subsim: it's truly a home for those of us interested in not only submarine history, but general nautical and military history as well. While I tend to post in the General Topics forum, I most frequently hover around the SH III and IV forums for the wealth of information they contain.

Going back a ways, my closest uncle had an enormous interest in nautical history. While the Great Lakes were certainly his focus (with the likes of such mysteries as the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald), I was also weened on such classics as Sink the Bismark! and The Enemy Below, with the required reading of pretty much anything from Edward L. Beach.

While I tried repeatedly to learn and play subsims, they just seemed beyond me as the amount of time I was willing to invest wasn't nearly enough to truly learn the games. Then I found subsim.com, and everything changed. Many others had done the hard work and were willing to explain things in simple language that even a casual player could understand. And, beyond that, there was a helluva community to back the technicalities up.

So not only did the games finally make sense, but I've met an entire group of interesting people who share the same pasttime as myself.

Indeed, this is my internet home. As such, I'd like to donate in relation to the amount of time I've spent here ... a mere penny per post. And in honor of my upcoming 2000th post, I'll give a meager $20 to Subsim.

Please, just think of $.01 a post, and help Neal keep this incredible, unique community alive!
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote