View Single Post
Old 12-19-09, 02:34 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

It's nice to see how many people you can count on here!

It's that time, when I start going over my books, and add up the server fees for the year, the expenses for gifts and contest prizes I give out during the year, the expenses incurred by Subsim meets and events, costs I shell out for people who help with the website.

There was a time when Google Ads and games sold through Chips and Bits provided most of what it takes to run the site. But many people block ads now, and Chips is long gone, replaced with Amazon (who does not pay nearly as much)...plus there are not many sub games to sell these days. The awesomeness of GWX and their donation-download window is several years in the past.

So, it's time for the end of the year fundraiser. Just a friendly reminder that your support keeps this website active and thriving. It pays the bills, allows me to send little gifts to the people who make the forums interesting in the form of Ping Prizes, and hold fun contests. Through your support, I can send small stipends to artists like Torplexed and our Werewolf Hunt artist Ana Mirela, our downloads artist Danlisa, our book reviewer Subnuts, our news editor Bill Nichols, our great moderators, our downloads managers Sailor Steve and Laufen Zum Ziel, and so many more people who make this website a fun place to visit and hang out. It also compensates me, the admin, for the hundreds of hours I spend each year updating the site, working with the servers to keep them running and up to date, instaling new software, answering the numerous e-mails and PMs, fixing passwords, and helping folks with game problems. Oh yeah, and the time I spend helping moderate and manage mod group rivalries, lol.

Some of you have donated recently, and for that I say thanks and sit back, this message is for the members who have not thought about it in a while, and those who have never kicked in a little help.

As always, your support is greatly appreciated as only a Texan can do it--thanks, pardner!

Neal
SUBSIM