Thread: Gunner HEAT PC
View Single Post
Old 09-09-22, 06:04 AM   #15
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I took note of the release, but the demo was a sobering experience, and early feedback at Steam was not stellar either. It gets released way too early. Somebody, so I think, mistakes "Early Access" with "unlimited developement of a still early Alpha". I hate such Early Access projects if they do not go by a strict timetable not lasting longer than 1 year until relesase of the finished full-feature product.

My exmaple for a top class Early Access process is Assetto Corsa Competizione: less than one year, 6-phases timetable, all timestamps were met.

My worst example is Wreckfest. Admitted, in the end something good was the result, but it took them 6 years or so and the journey was a terrible desaster.

Early Access label gets abused way too often and too easily theses days. I am extremely hesitent to support it anymore, therefore.

After the demo I am certain that this tank sim/game will take way longer than one year.

I will check it again once it is out in full, if I am still interested then. But i do not hold my breath til then.