View Single Post
Old 02-20-13, 04:35 PM   #75
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
My suggestion is so obvious that it is probably unfeasible, but what about reducing the morale bonus given by sunk ships, instead of removing it at all?

What's the difference between the two types of silent running, besides the way they are ordered? From your explaination I don't see any "problem" in making the both to be activared with the same key
Yes, your suggestion is too obvious Gap! This works only with full numbers, so 1 point is about 10 percents of morale. There is no way for example to halve the morale boost, value 0.5 just doesn't work. So it's either 0 or 1...

About the silent running... Yes, there is no problem activating both of the abilities with one key. It happens automaticly when you order silent running from the XO, or if you activate XO's ability with F8. This way all works, and life is good. But for example, I had in my commands.cfg the shortcut key assigned to the other silent running command (gray icon), that doesn't activate XO's ability. So if I would have activated that, there wouldn't have been any effects from this mod, only the hard coded silentstate command. Ugh, difficult to explain...

So the best way to see if this works for you, is to check how many silent running icons appear when you order it. If there is only the gray one, the special ability is not activated. But if you have both, the gray, and the red note icon, all is well! Hope this helps a bit.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote