View Single Post
Old 07-02-21, 08:54 AM   #3595
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
In May 1944 in Balao out of Manus Island Forward Base I was offered twin 40mm guns. However I did not get added crew slots for each of those. I did a little research here on the forum and found the correction entries to add an additional crewman for each gun on page 224, , but could not find the name of the FILE in which to make the changes!
1. Can someone give me a path and/or File Name where I can find the AA Gun crew slots?
2. Is this fix incorporated in the "fix" version that follows v1.46?

I'm assuming the added slots were not included in 1.46, as it doesn't work, at least for me.

Under the assumption that the crew slot changes were made in 1.46, I added the two 40mm guns, exited the game, and restarted it, but no added slots were shown.

Perhaps I missed something simple?

Thanks for your help.
who can say what you missed. unlike some, we are not looking over your shoulder. {laugh here}

i suspect that you need to edit your current mission file.
go to your savefolder area (data\cfg\SaveGames"NumberedFolder" and sort the Numbered folders by date. drill down on the most recent and look for the file named ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc.

select that file name. using your keyboard, do a Ctrl+c and then a Ctrl+v. this will make a copy of the file before you begin the changes.

use Notepad or a simple text editor to open the Activeuser file. browse through the file....touch nothing!!!!

look for the crewmembers for the 40 mm. you should see the phrase "AdditionalRepository" delete just those characters. save and close. that should fix your issue.
if it doesn't then there is something more serious afoot.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote