View Single Post
Old 04-09-21, 09:53 AM   #3006
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So, see what you guys think:
both are really cool, but they do show the weaknesses of the game also, especially when there is a lot of ack ack in the air and other parts of the game can't draw as well... The PT boats didn't hit anything, just like in real life, but most did not survive in FotRSU... You'll also see in the Kamikaze attacks that ships are not equipped for collision detection from above too well... the masts take out a few of the divers, which then inflicts minimal damage to the ship. I did have one run of that mission where the Kamikaze sank two of the ships, but only once in about a dozen runs. Both vidz are rough drafts and have very poor "camera" work, which might make an old man dizzy, present company included...
watched the Kamikaze video.
i have never been witness to surface battles so it was kind of like watching a streaming documentary.
one question: what is the rapid-firing weapon that puts up the black, cotton balls? it is a great presentation of AAA however i do not believe it actually knocked down an aircraft. the puffs looked really neat. reminded me of the Eight Air Force action one can see in some WWII-era films.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote