View Single Post
Old 10-29-20, 01:42 PM   #2093
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzi View Post
You need to boot to uss-gato in front of the base, go to the base on uss-gato, then on the base he is offered a new one boat uss-balao. If put this mod, this new uss-balao boat should have guns. What's wrong?
Career will not be affected.
I am not comprehending what the translation does to your thoughts... Are you reporting that a person with a Gato, that transfers to another base (such as Pearl Harbor to Midway), and the player is offered a new Balao after another patrol or two, that with the use of the mod you have mentioned, that the player's Balao will then have a deck gun? What would be the cause of the loss of the deck gun be, if such is the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I can wait it out; I'll just stick with the Gato meanwhile. FYI, I have not shelled out of this career except from the Office or Main Menu. Nor have I moved a deck gun from any original position at all during this entire career. Thanks for taking it on.
As mentioned, you may not "see" a shelling-out when Windows does it. Good information to know though that you did not move a deck gun. Did you have a Narwhal boat earlier in your career(s) though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
I loaded a Save point which tracks completely with my memory, aside from the weather, which I did not note the first time.

3/18/44 @ 1900 Midway time
Wx clear with no wind
Nothing on map other than sonar tracks for small group listed below.
Location: 16 km SW of Twin Seamount midpoint, speed stationary

3/18/44 @ 2059
Group detected 25 km ESE of our position (four ships including Whale Factory), heading W
Small Group 17 km W of us, heading WNW
Weather clear

3/20/44 @ 0427
Patrol timer expires. Course set for Midway

3/20/44 @ 0433
Radar contact 26 km NNE of us, 13 km NNE of Twin Seamount midpoint. Later determined to be SPC
Wx clear. Nothing else on map.

End rerun.

There were no other surface contacts or reported groups on the NavMap during the rerun, nor do I recall any.

IIRC, the SPC was oriented toward the SE.

FWIW, we encountered unexpected pairings of Medium European Freighters with Crab Boats several times on this long patrol. IIRC, that's what the Small Group mentioned above was.
I should be able to eliminate weather factors then, and concentrate on the Waypoint speeds. I have found a "Fast" merchant group in the 42b layer that isn't so "fast" after all, and it has "GENERIC Merchant" vessels in it, of which the slowest in the v1.26p is 9.6 knots. The Split Merchant can do 12 knots, and some of the Waypoints in that group are set to 12 knots in that particular area. That may well cause an issue for the group if one or two of the vessels cannot do the speed they are set to. That particular group also has a Hospital ship as its leader, and the slower ships may have impeded the troopship. The troopship would generally be quite a bit larger than the Split Merchants, and that might be why the troopship ended up "stranded" and separated from the group, in that it was turning to avoid collision... maybe. There are quite a few fishing vessel groups in the area, and what you saw may have been two groups temporarily co-mingling on similar courses.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote