View Single Post
Old 07-25-22, 01:21 PM   #4941
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Yes, intentional. The game only reliably changes textures on the player's sub with a conning tower change. Not all players qualify for an "Elite" tower on January 1, 1944, and most boats were repainted before that time into the MS32 sub scheme, so the change coincides with the #3 conn change, which under "normal" circumstances happens much later in a player's career. However, a "new" boat gets what is available at the time, hence the MS32 on the New Construction Gato start in January 1943. The Balao is done differently, currently as an experiment, a little later in the year.
Ah ok, I was shocked to see the paint scheme on a boat in Jan 1943 since far as I can tell no boats were painted with it that early. General impression I gained when researching was M/S 32 first appeared in Fall 1943 and became common in Spring 1944. Tang for example had M/S 9 black/gray paint job from her entering service in Fall 1943.

Anyways no big, just thought would make sure. I can change it for my personal install.

https://www.shipcamouflage.com/submarines.htm

Click on the boat class on left. just once resource but came up when did quick search.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote