View Single Post
Old 07-25-22, 12:04 PM   #4937
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i just finished re-reading RSRD and Ned Beach references a paint job for his boat either very late 1942 or early 1943.
That's the thing - documentation. I have seen writings & War Patrol Reports of Fremantle boats doing cuts and paint jobs first, before they were "authorized" or accepted as SOP by the USN, so yes, an MS32=styled paint job is not out of the question in early 1943, but New Construction out of Mare would still be MS9 until mid to late 43. Even the Balao came with MS9 initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Hi Beanie, with FotRSU v1.43 and v1.7 when I tried reloading a Save without first exiting the game and exiting to Win 10, the reload was incomplete in that the plotted courses I had made were no longer displayed! Now I'm using v1.8 and when I reload a Save it works, the plotted course is displayed as are other map contents, sunken ships, range circles, etc. That without having exited the game or exiting to Win 10 after taking the Save! I like that as that's the way I used to play the game before even when playing TMO, etc. So what's changed with v1.8 ?
Respectfully, jldjs
That then, would be a side-effect of s7rikeback and the ID Conflict Reduction Program (aka: IDCRP) and the propbeanie effort to standardize crew clothing calls (aka: ETSCCC), which potentially results in fewer quirks in the Save data... At least, we'll say it does... lol - glad it is doing like you want. Just remember, if you ever change the deck gun position, you do have to exit after a Save with that change, so that the gun crew shows at their Battle Stations.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote