View Single Post
Old 01-04-10, 02:05 PM   #44
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0
Default hydrophone tracking

I usually wait a little longer to take the 3rd BL. Though I try my best to follow the guidelines on doing it this way, I usually wait until I have 7-9° interval between 1 and 2 BL's and 10° or more for the 3rd BL. That way seems to work pretty well. My guess is that I am 65% to 75% accurate on interception using Nefelodamon's tracking method. If the circle radius goes beyond the 3rd BL I have to wait longer to place the 3rd BL a little further along the circumference of the 20km circle. The only problematic situation is if the target is too close at the end of all the calculations once I have located my target along the 4th BL. It would seem that if your target is coming toward you at an angle at less than 10km from your position, your reaction time for proper set up and A0B is somewhat harried. Missed a few targets because of that. Especially if they're going 9kots or better.

Anyway...I really enjoy tracking this way now that I am using the Attack disk/speed calculator in the MaGui mod.
comet61 is offline   Reply With Quote