View Single Post
Old 08-01-09, 11:24 PM   #2
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxzard View Post
Hello all, first post on this forum, and I'd like to congratulate the Jutland team for making a game that really stands out as being playable and good looking at the same time. Now admittedly, I have seen better graphics, but the scale of events, number of ship classes, and general atmosphere is fantastic-- so bravo for that!

To the questions:
To what degree (if any) do the following effect gunnery accuracy?
-funnel smoke
-position of sun in sky
-nation-> is one side definitively better?

In my first campaign, as the British, I won a highly decisive series of naval battles early on, depriving the High Seas Fleet of almost everything but 16 remaining battleships. We have also captured far more shipping heading towards Germany than they have captured of ours. Its still early on in the campaign, but I'm somewhat wondering why the victory level tracker says German++ given the current situation. Do I have to fight to the end of the year to see a change in this level?

Thanks
Funnel Smoke (Also all sorts of smoke) - Yes, IIRC Bullethead says the game makes an internal map of the smoke around the battle area and it would effect gunnery and ship sighting in the way.

Sun - Yes, would effect gunnery for the side looking at it. Also, if the sun is below the horizon and silhouettes the other side it will improve accuracy and sightings.

Nation - The Germans are generally more accurate. Though IIRC the British get better as the battle drags on.

That last bit about the campaign victory level is a known bug, it usually says the complete opposite of who's actually winning...

Last edited by Raptor1; 08-01-09 at 11:36 PM.
Raptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote