View Single Post
Old 07-01-22, 12:12 PM   #583
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

11 February 1943
  • I sent a P-38 sweep to Rabaul since they're apparently sending out Tojos from there. We shot down 1 Oscar and 2 Zeroes, several P-38s were shot up but they all were able to disengage and RTB. Followup B-17 raid lost one bomber to the remaining Tojos.
  • We've been raiding Babar with medium bombers more or less continuously. It's been relatively safe, but today we lost a B-26 to flak.
  • On a whim, a sent a raid of British B-24s to Pescadores, in the Taiwan Strait, to attack the port there. They sank a mine tender.
  • The D1 version of the B-25 is being rolled out, which is a version classified as an "Attack Bomber"; i.e., it specializes in low altitude attacks, making it deadly to ships. Right now, the A-20 is the Army level bomber fulfilling that role, and it's range is so short I'm not even sure it's seen anti-ship combat in this war so far. The B-25D1 has double the A-20's range, so this could be a game-changer if I'm able to deploy them around the Solomons or the Dutch East Indies.