View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 06:20 PM   #580
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

5 February 1943

Banda Sea
USS S-28 entered Ambon's hex and torpedoed and sank a cargo ship there. So much for that being a tanker. Troop losses reported.

Solomons
Sweeps got 1 Tojo and 3 Zeroes, no losses to the P-38s.

Indian Ocean
I guess I got careless...the British surface fleet that I've been keeping on standby to defend Columbo has been detected.

6 February 1943

Banda Sea
S-28 found another cargo ship at Ambon but ran itself out of torpedoes trying to attack it. The ship proved to be too heavily armed to take in a gunfight, both ships disengaged with minor damage.

We swept the east end of Timor to try to open up future Beaufighter raids on ASW groups. 6 Zeroes splashed there with no losses.

Solomons
P-38 sweeps found no fighters over Guadalcanal, but they were around... We had a Beaufighter strike on some enemy ships just slightly past Guadalcanal that got bounced by Zeroes. We lost 4 Beaufighters for that, but did damage one cargo ship rather badly with a pair of bomb hits.

I shelled Guadalcanal with 2 CAs and 2 CLs, hoping to disrupt their base and catch some of that transport traffic. The raid was ineffective, and I ended up taking 7 shell hits between the 4 ships. No serious damage.

China
A large enemy force has massed near Wenchow. Looks like theyre ready to go on an offensive here.