Old 06-25-22, 05:53 PM   #579
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

4 February 1943
Amphibious blitz begins: Shortlands, Ndeni, Canton Island, Marcus all targeted

Japan
USS Halibut gunned down a light cargo ship off the coast of Tokyo.

Banda Sea and Darwin
We spotted a tanker unloading at Ambon. I would expect there are far more important thirsty bases, especially since I don't see a lot of other ships operating out of Ambon lately. I'm having subs nearby swarm to try to get this high value target.

The severely damaged USS Albacore has been stabilized at Darwin and is now headed to Brisbane for more permanent repairs.

Solomons
Increasing our bombing altitude vs Guadalcanal still got a B-17 shot down today, but our accuracy was crap. The weather was bad too, probably more of a factor. Resting them for a bit.

That convoy popped up again at Guadalcanal, and the Beaufighters pounced. We sank a cargo ship (lots of equipment loss reported, they're probably trying to move equipment out) and a PB; one Beau was shot down by AA.

The Shortlands assault force has departed. We also have a force assembling to hit Ndeni.

CENTPAC
We have operations against Canton Island and Marcus nearly ready to launch.

I'm hoping between the flurry of activity from the Solomons to Marcus, and the large troop movement about to happen in the Bay of Bengal, the enemy carriers come out of hiding for a bit and I can decide whether now is the time to unleash The Rumbling.