View Single Post
Old 06-18-22, 10:00 PM   #573
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 January 1943
  • East of Taiwan, USS Trout got 2/2 hits on a cargo ship and they both detonated, sending it straight to the bottom.
  • P-38 sweep shot down 2 Zeroes over Guadalcanal
  • A pair of Tojos swept Lashio, one was shot down but they got a P-40.
  • A regiment strength enemy unit is attacking the middle of my retreating procession Burma. Right now it's a stalemate but I'm already having resupplied units back up to try to extract others, so I think this enemy unit is going to lose in a few days.
27 January 1943
  • First combat for night fighters. The nightfighter Beaufighter variants that I'd hoped to use to attack ships I'd reassigned to Lashio to try to get the Sallies bombing our airbase at night. The enemy showed up tonight and lost a single Sally.
  • During the day, Oscars tried to sweep Lashio; they got one P-40 but lost 5 of their own.
  • Enemy ground forces, probably division strength, have arrived at Lashio.
  • In the Horn Island straight (north of Australia) an enemy sub approached one of our minesweepers, then declined to engage...but was spotted anyway. Our minesweeper was dead-on accurate with its depth charges, contact was lost with the sub after sounds of it breaking up were heard on sonar.