View Single Post
Old 07-23-22, 08:28 PM   #4
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Currently, can not be done as SH 4 is hard coded to end August 1945. Now, if SH 4 community were to ever access the code, could possibly do hard coded fixes way SH 4 and SH 5 have and possibly extend it, which would be great to let war end then progress into immediate years after the war, maybe into Korea, where could reach flag rank and retired, career over. This could be accomplished possibly. in addition to changing many things currently can not but as of now, it is what it is. (I say this somewhat hesitantly, as I as DO NOT want to start up the whole discussion about accessing the code again lol)
So the dates we see in game are the dates the code uses? Is there a way to change what dates the player sees?

I would imagine one could simply look at 1942 and realize it means 1952 but then that would only give us 3 years to work with

How does The Kaiser WWI mod fix the date problem?

It wouldnt be a terribly "exciting" mod as not much torpedoing was taking place. LOL More covert Ops, Photo ops, cable taps, etc. But getting caught could cause a rain of fury to come down upon one. The Boats would need new sails, snorkel mast, no topside guns (GUPPY MOD)

Frank