View Single Post
Old 04-28-20, 02:43 PM   #848
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehcl View Post
So I left Midway with a Tambor for the first patrol on December 8, 1941, during the same mission they assigned me 3 patrols, the first of 10 days and the other 2 patrols of 5 days each, finished all the patrols assigned I returned to Midway and the second mission started on February 3, 1942, but I didn't start, so I left the game yesterday evening, today I returned and saw the update of the torpedo mark 10, then I had to leave new from the game because i had more to do and when i got back in the game the second time i saw all these updates.
Thanks for the additional info. Did you Dock and then "Save" again each time you had to leave the game, and did the date then advance in the game? Or are you still dealing with a February 3, 1942 departure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Small nitpick, but the Asiatic–Pacific Campaign Medal was not created until November, 1942. I've received this award well before that date in the game. Any way to fix this?

another: It seems to take an inordinate amount of shells to destroy a landed aircraft. For example, the landed H6K's one often sees at dock. It took around 40 hits with HE shells to destroy one in a patrol I was playing last night.

Even a larger aircraft shouldn't take more than 2-3 direct hits to "sink" I wouldn't think, even though the Gato's starting deck gun is "only" a 3" model. Any way to adjust that?
Unfortunately, the game does not always give things when appropriate. We'll look into the medal, but it might be that the game does what the game does, as we've found with all sorts of supposed "date constraints" that really aren't. As for the Landed H6K, that is the stock "plane". We do have plans to bring Traveller's version in, permission already granted. His planes catch fire and blow up nicely, but have not had the time to do that yet.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote