Old 09-07-14, 09:41 PM   #2
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm playing the new scenario Wargasm

Now and then the rusky's send some vampire to wards my town and now and then I get a white messages saying that SS-9 a.s.o have missed one of my town by 0.8 nm

?? OK I'm not any expert on nuclear explosion or the effect on the impact if it hits right on target or miss the target by 0.2 to maybe 4 nm or more

Shouldn't the bomb go off anyway bulls eyes or not? and shouldn't the damage to a town be severe whatever it is a direct hit or a miss by some miles. Of course a direct hit should destroy the City and a miss should

I could understand if it was some ordinary bombs from an airplane.

Just a thought.

Markus
Having been playing this exact scenario multiple times now, I think they are modeling the periods technology un-reliability for the time, where electronics are in their infancy and may result in malfunctions or gross errors in accuracy. While I agree a nuke anywhere would create havoc, I think it's basing hits on less than 1 mile accuracy from the city marker. Realistic, not really, but I also think trying to model the blast and over-pressure effects on a steel and concrete city would be tough. Lest we not forget, most of the modern countries at the time had fairly robust Civil Defense structures and drills, so accuracy would factor as far as decimating the population. It's not to say the area outside would be habitable, but if the goal was destruction of the civilian population and the 2 countries are already at DEFCON 1, then most people will be bunkered up.

Just my read on the scenario. If you also note, the 9 US ICBM's will also produce accuracy errors and failure reports. This was probably why we often targeted many structures with more than 1 ICBM, to account for equipment failures.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote