View Single Post
Old 04-14-22, 12:08 PM   #4520
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
what you did was very good, scientifically.
Thanks

so, what the results seem to indicate is that there is a condition within the mega-mod that SH4 is choking on.

a couple of questions about what you have tried to test so far:

1. did you run the original mission without the APD's? (i am considering the speed v turning radius v proximity to land of the APD's and their waypoints) - Yes...
2. did you run the original mission without overlapping drop-off zones? (there could be something to the overlaps that SH4 is choking on. not saying would be expected/logical but this is, after all, an Ubi development.) - Yes - I have other similar missions with the same set-up in other locations, such as Carlson's Raiders, Apamama landings, San Diego Sea Trial, as well as most of the Insert / Rescue missions, etc...
3. i have one other condition-question that i wanted to ask but i have forgotten it. if/when i remember i will post it. I read your mind and - an emphatic "Yes"... lol
For #1, I removed all aspects of the mis file, one by one, and tested between each removal of an item, whether a MapZone, Ship, Waypoint, Trigger, Event, Message, etc., or text of any sort, all the way down to just the Objectives, and then only the one of each in turn, whether just ObjOne, or through ObjFour. In all conditions, CTD was the answer...

For #2, The overlapping MapZones and triggers were removed, as noted above, one by one, whether used for an Objective, or a Trigger, until there was only the one for an Objective. Whatever the mission, CTD. ~HOWEVER~ - I could build a mission where my player submarine starts WEST of the IDL, and all would function as intended... That was my testing paradigm when adding the mission to the mod several years ago...

For #3, just post once you recover from your oldmanitis condition - it is contagious, btw...

For #4, after doing the mission down to just a single Objective on a MapZone, and that failing, changing boats, and that failing, etc., I went to the Campaign files, and "blanked" them, one-by-one, starting with my "primary suspect", the AleutiansTraffic.mis file, and tested - CTD. So then I went to the 42b files, one by one, and tested. Same resultant CTD each time. This is why it has taken days for all this testing. The Stock game functioning as intended lets me breathe a sigh of relief, because I was worried about what Jeff-Groves mentions above about Dunkirk in the GWX mod... I really do expect to find the issue. It's just a matter of time and patience...

I am starting further tests now in FotRSU, by "blanking" the entire campaign with the Campaign.cfg file, which will remove all aspects of all files, other than the mis file itself, and the configuratioins of the subs and environment. Smoke on the horizon does not indicate a specifically "bad" condition, but if you notice a mushroom cloud, seek immediate shelter...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 04-14-22 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Sprelling Chekker Fale Yer...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote