View Single Post
Old 12-29-08, 06:47 AM   #812
Laserg
Swabbie

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:

She's still happily chugging along with her propeller merrily turning, bravely resisting the inevitable

This is what happened:

I abruptly bumped into her on my way to Fremantle, Australia, for a fresh set of underwear and a keg of brewski. There was no time for an accurate speed measurement, so I just played it by the ear and hastily fired 4 eels. This resulted in 2 misses, one dud and one impact in her forward cargo hold.

As it turned out this hardly upset her, but rather encouraged her to zig-zag at full tilt. Her bow sinking pretty rapidly didn't matter much either, apart from maybe slightly reducing her speed which was clocked at 8.5 knots some 30 minutes afterwards. I then let her dash about in her badly wounded state for another half an hour or so, because I needed time for another attack.

This then commenced, and resulted in 2 more hits as seen in the picture. But even _that_ wasn't enough for her, for she still continued at a good clip for another 10 minutes or so before finally giving up!

Clever buggers those Nipponese with their submersible freighters, aren't they

PS. Oh yeah, please inform me immediately if you know about these anomalies already, because frankly speaking I'm not sure if posting amusing pictures and stories of submersible freighters actually conforms to anyone's idea of real fun now
This is a msalama's post from RFB forum. He pointed the same annoying thing as I did, but with better english. I've read RFB folks works on fixing that.

Are there any plans to improve ship damage model in TMO???? It looks like both supermods suffer for this.
Laserg is offline   Reply With Quote