View Single Post
Old 07-22-19, 06:28 AM   #55
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

In several places in Europe parties of non-established newcomers are blossoming. The Ukrainian result could become a problem for the EU if Selenski accepts to normalise relations with Russia at the price of accepting the russian strategy in the Donbass region, which would in fact be a justification for Putin's strategy. Selenski campaigned with the slogan of wanting to end the war in the East. The EU cannot like it, although the EU lacks the power and tools to challenge Putin over his way of playing the big game. It seems that Selenski's fans are a very diverse group, from Europe-friends to people who want a stronger tie with Russia again.

The general orientation is something that the Ukrainians must settle amongst themselves. And I am the last who argues on behalf of EU interests - I only recognise them as what they are, not more. That I do so does not mean I sympathise with them.

Selenski will become very uncomfortable for the EU, I think. Not because he is so strong, but because the EU is so weak.