View Single Post
Old 06-01-11, 05:12 PM   #52
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Default Update!

Got the mobo and CPU today. They're so pretty, and have that new mobo and CPU smell.

Of course I don't know what to do with either of them, and can't really do anything at this point anyway other than open them to make sure they look okay and undamaged. I guess I can start reading the documentation to whet my appetite for things to come.

Edit: another question: currently I have fans on my internal hard drives, more or less like this one:

They just attach to the bottom of the drive, I don't know how much good they do but they were cheap and they are pretty quiet.

The case that I plan on getting has a vented or mesh front, whatever, in front of the HDD cage, with a 120mm case fan in there to blow air in and through the hard drive bays. So I'm wondering if I even need these little individual fans on the drives? I ask because using them cuts the available HDD space by 1/2, since any drive with one attached takes up two spots.

Of course it's possible they won't even fit in the new case, depending on how the cage is made, so it could be a moot point. I seem to remember I had to do some grunt work to get them to fit in the current one.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 06-01-11 at 05:36 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote