View Single Post
Old 11-17-23, 03:41 PM   #40
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

12 March 1942
IJA forces occupy Surabaya, finding it reduced to rubble by retreating Dutch forces; 2nd day of strategic bombing in Sydney

Aleutian Islands
I laid 40 mines at Adak by submarine. This base in going through rapid expansion so there will probably be traffic to hit.

SOPAC
I launched two strategic bombing raids; the first trying to stoke the fires in Sydney a bit more (which might have been mitigated by rain) and another targeting heavy industry. The Sydney raid was 76 Kates and 15 Vals, which scored 31 manpower hits and caused 9107 level fires, dealing 160 VP worth of industry damage. No losses. 61 Vals then targeted Heavy Industry in Newcastle, scoring only 3 hits which disabled 9 HI units--basically negligible damage, they can repair a point per day.

I lost a mini-sub trying to penetrate the harbor at Portsea.

China
We lost an Oscar to an I-15 above the Nanyang stack. We suffered a deliberate attack at Kukong but held it off; the enemy took more disablements but we had more squads destroyed, which basically means they can get us if they're patient.

Java
A flight of 9 Do-24s tried to attack Kalidjata, our western landing area. They were mostly routed by Oscars on defense, with 1 being shot down.

We then attacked Surabaya with 2+ divisions, taking it easily. The capture destroyed 11 Do-24s, 3 T.IVas, and 2 Buffalos. However, the base was completely demolished by the enemy's engineers.

All 80 Resource, 190 Oil, 10 HI, 170 Refinery, and 40 LI damaged were captured in a damaged state, while the shipyard had 1 unit of 8 functioning. The port is also trashed, but that might have been my doing.