View Single Post
Old 03-13-20, 07:01 PM   #1587
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 442
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig View Post
Clean install, everything working nice-and-neat. Started pre-war, ran 6 patrols and was transferred to a training cadre. Started with a new Captain (using SH3Commander) and again everything fine. It's mid-March, 1940, and in grid AN, I encounter a small convoy of three ships lead by an armed trawler, all Holland-flagged.

Heading to intercept for a stop-and-search, at approximately 6-7 klicks the armed trawler turns to face me and begins firing. Turning to face him, I engage with my deck gun, figuring I have enough range to (reasonably) safely try to engage and take out the armed trawler because, if I can, the remaining three merchants are toast. By the time it closes to 3 klicks, I've landed five hits without taking a single hit in return. Landing the sixth hit, the armed trawler abruptly turns hard aport...

CTD

Here are the list of mods currently enabled at time of patrol:

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.2
WAC5.2 H.sie Supplement to V16B1
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
CAM-Ship
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM v3.3 Silhouettes by Izgud
MFM3.2 displacement correction mod
Das_Realistic_Food
DD Visible Mines v1.0
DD_Debris_V1.2
hydrophone depth charge
ImprovedSmoke1_1
Realism_Renown Adjustment
Shallow Water Asdic
torpedo trail and wake fix
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Visible Flags_moderate
WAC5.01 Realistic Hull Damage
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Auto Plot Kiel Canal WAC5
Scir_-Tikigod-_repeated_or

I'd really like to know what, if anything, is/was the culprit. I can't be exactly sure, but it seemed as if the last hit I'd landed had mortally wounded the armed trawler, and SHIII CTD the moment the trawler "died".
I wonder if it isn't the CAM Ship mod making it CTD.

From the readme :

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR USERS OF STOCK SH3 and OF GWX AND OTHER SUPERMODS THAT ARE NOT NYGM:
A lot of people have reported problems with Crashes-to-Desktop (CTDs) with this mod, and the problems lie with the CAM-SHIP mod. The CAM-SHIP (usually IABLs M36B ship) has to be of Type=8 in order to fly off aircraft, and this is how it is set in NYGM. However, stock SH3 lacks the CAM-SHIP entirely, while GWX has it as Type=102 (which will not fly off aircraft).
There are two solutions:
1. (Simple) DELETE the SEA folder completely from folder Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1\data\Sea, before you install the folder with JSGME. (This is essential if you are using stock SH3.exe, without any supermod installed.) Of course, now the CAM-SHIP mod will not function. You can also delete folder Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1\data\Air\CAMHurricane, and folder Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1\data\Roster\, since these no longer serves any purpose.
2. Alternatively, locate the references to the M36B ship in your SuperMod setup, and change them from UnitType=102 to UnitType=8. You will find these references in files: YourSuperMod\data\roster\british\sea\M36B (change UnitType=102 to UnitType=8) and YourSuperMod\data\sea\M36B\M36b.cfg (change UnitType=102 to UnitType=8) and YourSuperMod\data\campaigns\campaign\campaign_RND. mis (possibly also in file campaign_SCR.mis too) - search for
Class=M36B
Type=102
and change Type=102 to Type=8. (There may be several references to the M36B in the campaign files.)
That is not so difficult is it?

That is the only thing I see that may effect your set up.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote