View Single Post
Old 04-27-12, 11:17 AM   #14
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
I like those screens, especially 4th one from your first post; can you, by any chance, point me in the right direction to get back such fog in TMO? Right now TMOs fog (light one) looks like someone crack up my monitors gamma; really annoying. I did look into scene.dat, compared it to stock one, but dont know which values are responsible for fog appearance (Im assuming its not fog distances, maybe its env files or even some separate texture file in TMO that need to be changed?).
This issue has been annoying me for some time. The fog controller is in the scene.dat but it is dictated by some other file, same for water transparency as well but since I like the current look, I haven't decided to change fog levels. Keeping the shaders for TMO and RFB is good because they are superior to the stock game even though they may look different in screenshots. Version 2 coming out today. Traveller has given me permission to use his clouds mod which will allow for more realistic cloud shadows and slower moving clouds (Clouds are horrendously fast in the stock environment).
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote