View Single Post
Old 11-24-21, 02:31 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Hursh View Post
Well if you don't get it to work it's no big deal you can just have Monaghan sail through the harbor and out to assist Ward like it was originally ordered to do, not sure if it continued this after hitting the barge or just sort of sat there until the attack ended.

I'm also curious how badly you can destroy USS Cassin and Downes that were with USS Pennsylvania in the drydock, they were essentially wrecked completely. Also if it is possible to have the USS Shaw in the floating drydock. It would just be neat to see how far we can push Silent Hunter to show a historical event with some authenticity!

I was also wondering if you will include some radio messages that players can pick up from inside Pearl or in the vicinity, I don't know if there was radio traffic that could be picked up during the attack but would be neat to be on what you thought was a regular patrol nearby then suddenly getting a flurry of radio messages of the attack and learning of it the way I'm sure many in the Navy did while out of the Harbor.

EDIT: I just looked at your pictures again and is that an Omaha Class cruiser I see......?!?!?!?! If this game had a sailable Omaha or Northampton Class it would be the greatest game ever made lol

Just ran another test. The second wave, one of the last group usually ends up focusing on the Cassin and Downes since by then all the BB and CA are wrecked. Cassin and Downs which are already damaged from explosions and fires of the Pennsylvania usually. I will place the Shaw in as well, see what happens. I am using the fire mod which causes damage to ships so burning fires are not just for looks now. Of course results can vary, I have watched them go untouched aside from the damage from Pennsylvania explosion.

Yes, there are messages. The first on the morning of the attack reporting Ward's sinking of midget sub off harbor. Since there was a delay in the message being received, player usually does not receive the message from COMSUBPAC until around 0730ish...twenty five minutes before first wave of ijn planes arrive. About 0800 the famous "AIR RAID PEARL HARBOR X THIS NO DRILL X" message goes out, follow through the day by other famous messages. Then player will receive new orders that afternoon, depending on where they are. So if left pearl to patrol off Japan and monitor shipping, you are now ordered to patrol at X and sinking shipping.

One have enjoyed was departed on December 1 to patrol West of Wake Island. Once news og PH and at war, in position to see the first air strikes on Wake on, the first invasion attempt on morning of 11 December...shore batteries attacking IJN and all. Repel the initial landing attempt.

Daily air raids on Wake, enemy subs operating in area. SORYU and HIRYU detach from the PH force and area in area to support air raids.

Other includes pre war orders to patrol North of Hawaii and have a chance to run into the japanese carrier force the morning and early afternoon of the attack before depart area.

Really depends on the luck of the draw on which orders you get prior to attack.

Yes, you see Omaha Class CL in the the shots. I am not sure if there is a playable Omaha, I believe there is a playable Northampton though.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote