Old 11-05-23, 03:53 PM   #57
Grom
In the Brig

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Have to say I played this today for the first time and really enjoyed it
Yup. The more I play the more I like the game. I am still in the era of DC and use it as benchmark for DUH, but hey nobody is perfect. The game needs a lot more expanded options in both user menu and skipper of the warship. First of all different scales of active/passive sonar. Same goes for the radar. Another thing is that I can hear the sonarman telling me he hears the propeller - sadly I cant. Small thing but in DC you could hear the propeller of the sub. I already flagged the issues with the external views and lookouts - hope the developers will sort it out. Then we go to the Battle itself - I have no idea why this is time limited. Imagine and angry DD skipper closing on the u-boat and then all of a sudden the game ends. Keeping the sub underwater is also the tactics. I would love to have my own decision about terminating the battle against u-boats. I miss also the limited ammo count. So here we go to the realism. In DC I knew how many depth charges I have left, how many torpedoes, shells etc. Also manual adjusting the artillery. Maybe because I don't have campaign there is torpedoes station missing. My role is limited to finding the sub and depth charge it within specified timeframe in Battle scenario. I miss the flexibility and vast options DC offered here.
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote